Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm late! The games have begun! It's a tie!

With the Opening Ceremonies still hours away, the competition has already begun.
WHAT?!? No one told me I had to be ready this early to entertain another cavalcade of Olympic boyfriends. But after four years of saving myself (because Apolo Anton Ohno wouldn't return my calls during the Winter Olympiad)...
 ...it is time.

How did the pre-ceremony games begin? Soccer -- football to most of the world -- hit the pitch yesterday. Whilst I was still wondering who's going to carry the torch and light the Olympic cauldron, and while Mitt Romney was declaring the games not ready to begin (though he later flip-flopped and said they'll be great)...
... footballers were busy running, kicking, and scoring goals. Well, they don't really spend much time scoring goals -- it's all about the running and kicking. 
As unprepared as I was to pick a boyfriend so soon, I must declare, in true international football tradition -- it's a tie! As Mexico and South Korea battled to a stalemate, I chose my boyfriends from those who tried really hard to score. Seriously, isn't that what you'd want in a boyfriend? So for a quickie before the games truly open... I have two boyfriends for the day. But remember: just for the day.

Raúl Jiménez of Mexico, and Koo Ja-Cheol of South Korea (please display the correct Korean flag here!) you have the honor of being my Tie-Olympic-Boyfriend(s)-of-the-Day for Day Zero of the XXX Olympiad (that XXX means "thirty"... or whatever else you might want it to mean).

Clearly Raúl Jiménez has the Olympic spirit:
and many fans
and a serious game face
.



And Koo Ja-Cheol has a lot of suitors since Fox Sports put him on their list of 99 sexiest Olympians:



















But when the games begin for realsies, it'll be Raul and Ja-Cheol and me curling up on the couch to watch the opening ceremonies... until my next Olympic Boyfriend of the Day comes along. Tomorrow. Sorry, those are the rules.

No comments: