Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 9: Xiáng went the strings of my heart


Why did I start this blog? Because there was one athlete I was hoping would be my for-real Olympic boyfriend, and I thought I'd mix in all these other hotties to seem less obsessive (although I'm sure that hasn't been the result.) You can imagine the devastation I felt when my cellphone buzzed at 9:05 PM PST with a Breaking News text from NBC Olympics saying Liu Xiang had withdrawn from the games due to injury.This is big news: it's as if Phelps had shown up without his Speedos, or Beckham gave up soccer and took up needlepoint on the eve of the World Cup, or Michael Jordan played baseball instead of....
Anyway, a nation of 1.3 billion supporters wept:Liu, despite the fact that your achilles heel really turned out to be your Achilles Heel, I see your many accomplishments, your good hair, your great looks, your big strong legs, and your charming Coca-Cola commercials and want you to know you are still my choice for Olympic Boyfriend of the Day. Speedy recovery.

Endorse This!

Breathe a heavy thigh of relief...

No comments: